AWSI, a DISA Global Solutions company, specializes in fast, accurate, and cost-effective pre-employment screening services and background verifications. AWSI helps companies make the best-informed hiring decisions and reduce costs incurred by negligent hires, internal theft, fraud, or turnover. We help streamline the hiring process for employers using an integrated approach to search all available human resources and public records. AWSI's proprietary web-based, interactive reporting, and delivery system provide real-time access to reports and updates on the status of background checks online anytime, day or night.
AWSI Background Screening Services Provide:
- Reliable searches processed quickly and accurately
- The most accurate and current information available
- Round-the-clock access to AWSI's interactive online database to check results and updates
- Highlights and a summary of findings - more than just a data gathering and reporting service
- Rigorous quality controls
- Access to a full-time legal staff to ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Expert guidance in the area of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Web-based training materials for HR managers
AWSI's Employee Screening Program Features:
- U.S. Scan– The most comprehensive instant criminal search of its kind with access to more than 330 million criminal records. The U.S. Scan database provides data from more sources covering criminal records, sex offender registries, national government, and terrorist watch lists than any other single source, providing instant access to national records that might otherwise be missed. Unlike other national databases, new information is regularly added for expanded reach and is available up to 75 percent faster, providing the most updated resources possible.
- Criminal Database Records Search - As the largest national criminal database in the country, U.S. Scan contains more than 300 million criminal records from sources including county court records, state repositories, Department of Corrections (DOC), and Administration of the Court (AOC).
- National Sex Offender Search - State sex offender registries that cover all 50 states plus Washington, DC, including photos.
- National Security Check - Access to more than 30 national and international security sources, 3.5 million photos, and a proprietary database of more than 3 million previously completed reports.
- Social Security Number Validation - Inquiries are compared against the Social Security Administration (SSA) format information index to determine the validity, year, and state of issuance. Inquiries are also reviewed using SSA’s Death Master Index to ensure it is not registered to a person listed as deceased.
- Name and Address History - National database that includes information provided by the credit bureaus trace reports as well as hundreds of other sources - the report details all available names and addresses associated with the SSN. Additional criminal history searches can be conducted using this information. Name and Address History sources include utility companies, telecommunications carriers, public records, and magazine subscriptions, etc.
- County Felony & Misdemeanor Search – Criminal court records search in specific identified counties for any individual felony and/or misdemeanor cases. Identified records include file number, file date, charge(s), level of offense, disposition, and sentence.
- Review by Legal Counsel – When criminal searches reveal a “hit” for criminal activity, the record is reviewed by AWSI legal counsel to ensure the record matches the identity of the individual. Legal counsel ensures that the records contain the most current information, as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. AWSI’s unique search and review process provides protection for the applicant as well as the employer.
- Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) History Search – Allows you to validate and examine applicant or employee license(s) and prior driving records. The report will indicate the following: restrictions, expiration date, license type and class, suspensions or revocations, violations, accidents, and DUI/DWI citations.
- Employment Verification – Verifies an applicant’s previous or current employment to include start date, end date, title, and salary. Verification of reason for leaving and eligibility for rehire information will also be obtained, if possible. An International Employment Verification which searches records in more than 150 countries is also available.
- Education Verification – Verifies dates of attendance, course or study, degree or credential received, and the date it was awarded. This may include GED, high school diploma, college or advanced degrees. An International Education Verification which searches records in more than 150 countries is also available.
- Professional Licenses – Verifies the type and status of license, date issued, expiration date, issuing state or agency, and licensing authority.
- DOT-Mandated CDLIS Search – Checks the Commercial Driver’s License Information System (CDLIS) to identify all states where a driver may have had a commercial driver’s license. This search is DOT mandated. AWSI automatically conducts a search of each MVR identified in the CDLIS search. The AWSI system can also perform mandated, annual CDL MVR searches.
- Ongoing Monitoring – Provides protection for organizations from individuals who commit “after- hire” crimes. This service is available for any employee who has been screened through AWSI’s program. In the event of a “hit,” AWSI will validate the information to ensure the record belongs to the individual identified.
- Form I-9 – A system to house and prepare Form I-9 for employers. AWSI offers an electronic Form I-9 system and a paper Form I-9 system in which employers can ease their maintenance obligations by having them housed in the AWSI system.
- E-Verify – AWSI offers an online system to verify the work status of new hires using Form I-9 to check DHS and SSA databases. This also includes paperless Form I-9 filings and online compliance tracker for employers and employees. Completion of I-9 filing is federally mandated. E-Verify is required in some states.