Advanced Workplace Strategies, Inc. (AWSI) is a Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA) that operates under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) in providing Consumer Reports and Investigative Consumer Report for Employers.
AWSI collects applicant data after a consumer has given their written Authorization and a Disclosure of their rights under the FCRA and applicable state laws. The data is maintained in a secured site and AWSI has strict procedures to ensure maximum privacy for consumers.
Personal Information Disclosure: United States or Overseas
AWSI does NOT send U. S. applicant information outside of the U.S. for processing. Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of consumers – such as names, dates of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSNs) – is all protected and maintained in the United States.
Where there is an international background check for verification of employment, education, or a professional degree, or for a criminal record check, some information may have to go offshore by necessity since the information being sought is offshore. However, AWSI has taken measures to protect personal and confidential data:
- Documentation or information such as passport numbers, or unique identification numbers and date of birth, are not sent to anyone overseas other than the actual verification provider (e.g. employer or school registrar) whenever possible.
- Where it is necessary to utilize a local firm, the local firm will first be asked to provide local contact information so that the CRA can contact the foreign verifying party directly.
- If, due to infrastructure or other issues in a foreign country, a foreign research firm must perform the verification, then AWSI or our agent has properly vetted the local firm, and will redact any unnecessary information.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: 17592 East 17th Street STE 300, Tustin, CA 92780
- Phone: 714-731-3084
How Consumers Dispute Information in a Consumer Report
If consumers are the subject of a consumer report prepared by Advanced Workplace Strategies, Inc (AWSI) and find incorrect or incomplete information, they have the right under federal law to dispute it. Consumers may contact AWSI by calling 714-731-3084 and asking to speak with the background screening department.
The following link will take consumers to the document 'A Summary of Your Rights Under the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act': http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/pdf-0096-fair-credit-reporting-act.pdf