As part of the AWSI, A DISA Global Solutions company, Shared Services program, a team of experienced AWSI staff members manage much of the employee communication and tracking. Not only does this help to reduce the time-consuming paperwork that can overwhelm an employer’s HR staff, but it also increases productivity by automating and tracking applicant interaction. The Shared Services process combines AWSI’s superior customer service with state-of-the-art technology to deliver a revolutionary employee screening and on-boarding solution. Utilizing its VIP portal, a proprietary web-based tracking system, AWSI can save employers time and money by eliminating some of the functions that would normally be completed by the employer’s HR staff. These include identification of drug and alcohol testing sites, direct contact with applicants, assistance throughout the process, review and signing of company required documentation, and tracking of test results.
Shared Services - An Innovative Process
As part of its commitment to provide employers with a comprehensive, efficient, and value-added solution for applicant processing, AWSI, a DISA Global Solutions company, offers its innovative Shared Services program to help automate and streamline the pre-employment screening process.
The AWSI Shared Services program is ideal for any employer who conducts pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and:
- Employs an HR staff to hire regionally, nationally, or worldwide
- Has multiple drug testing requirements (e.g., company, DOT, client-mandated)
- Requires reporting of test results for multiple HR locations or groups of people
- Needs to track the status of an applicant in process in real-time
- Tracks receipt of testing policies, acknowledgments, consent forms, and other company documents
AWSI's Shared Services Team Directive
- Engage the AWSI Shared Services Notification process to provide the applicant a copy of the company’s drug policy and receive their electronic acknowledgment of receipt
- Locate collection site and provide information to the applicant
- Contact the collection site and send a testing package via overnight mail to initiate the process
- Work closely with the collection facility to ensure company protocol is followed
- Guide the applicant through the testing process with specific step-by-step instructions
- Track test results: Data and completion status is conveniently available to the client via AWSI’s secure web site. Updates to data and status are available in real-time, allowing unlimited 24-hour access.
- Send necessary paperwork such as chain-of-custody and authorization forms via overnight mail to the collection provider and/or applicant, as applicable
- Provide real-time electronic tracking of applicant receipt of testing policies, consent forms, and other company documents using the AWSI online VIP system
Email results to the HR team once the entire process is completed the employer’s HR Administrator retains control of the orders and can track applicants using an identifier such as an applicant ID, employee number, or social security number depending on their process. The program can also be further customized for clients that have multiple operating companies or centralized hiring at the corporate level. For clients with multiple DOT and customer testing requirements, AWSI can implement a question-driven system to determine the proper testing to be scheduled for the applicant.